Sunday, January 1, 2017

Michel Goulet Jersey Card

Happy New Year!

Usually, people like to start things off by looking forward, with New Year's Resolutions and such, but I'd like to go back to my childhood, to rooting for the Québec Nordiques, to owning white Wayne Gretzky-model red-lettered Titan sticks and blue Jofa helmets, to spending winter playing on outdoors rinks as a forward and playing indoors with my official teams as a goalie.

To the innocence of dreaming of better days ahead. To not realizing the importance and omnipresence of war, greed and corruption. To not having lost my job as translator and marketing analyst effective February 17th, six weeks from now.

And I do this with card #GJ-GO from Upper Deck's 2014-15 Series 1 set and UD Game Jersey sub-set, featuring Michel Goulet wearing the Nordiques' classic blue (away) uniform:
It features a white game-worn jersey swatch with hints of blue thread.

White, like snow. Like a clean slate. Like a blank page.

I hope everyone who had a bad 2016 gets to start anew, and those who ended it on a high note to use it as a springboard to even better things. I wish you all health, happiness and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment