Thursday, April 21, 2016

Kyle Turris: 2 Autographed Cards

Remember last week, when I spoke of two returns but only mentioned the TJ Brodie one? Well, it's time for the second one, featuring these two cards of Ottawa Senators top center Kyle Turris:
He identified them with a green sticker marked 7 (his jersey number) and 201 (likely the 201st return he's signed this year), which he had also marked my return envelope with; my guess is that helps him know who to return which cards to, so that most fans get what they handed in back to them. I decided to leave them on, so he could track them if he wanted to.

In my case, as usual, I sent in cards of him wearing different uniforms - both of them featuring the alternate captain's "A", proving he's become an integral part of the Sens.

Here's the white (away) uniform first, from Upper Deck's 2015-16 MVP set (card #31):
And here's the red (home) jersey, from UD's beautiful 2015-16 Tim Hortons Collector's Series (card #7):
The 26-year-old's season mirrored that of his Sens, meaning things didn't quite go according to plan; he only suited up in 57 games because of a high ankle sprain, and Ottawa narrowly missed the playoffs, costing the entire coaching staff their jobs. After 58- and 64-point seasons, he posted 30 this year, a roughly similar pace given that he'd have faced the Montréal Canadiens a couple of times in the games he missed, and he and the rest of the team usually have the Habs' number.

He signed both cards in black sharpie and added his #7 at the end. It was a 157-day return that made me extremely happy, as it gives me a 5/7 return rate this year (I took it easier than in years past).

No comments:

Post a Comment