Friday, March 11, 2016

Paul Pierce & Carmelo Anthony Jersey Card

As I have said before, I know very little about basketball, and I'm not a huge fan of the game. I usually get basketball cards as add-ons in trades or in guaranteed-hit repacks, which is also where I got this card, #CM-PG from Upper Deck's 2009-10 SP Game-Used Edition set and Combo Materials sub-set (numbered 441/499):
It features game-worn swatches of both players - both of them green, and here is why:
I thought it was fitting to talk about this card, as there are trade rumours involving Carmelo Anthony swirling around New York City these days.

I know of Anthony because he was drafted second third in his class (2003), when LeBron James went first overall.

I didn't know if either was going to be The Real Deal, but LeBron is now referred to by his first name, which puts him right up there with Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant in my book, and Anthony is a nine-time All-Star and six-time All-NBA player who won the scoring title in 2013, so he's no slouch either; he spent most of his career with the Denver Nuggets but now plays for the New York Knicks.

Paul Pierce is more of a mystery to me. He had only played for the Boston Celtics from 1998 until 2013, but has since suited up for the Brooklyn Nets (Jay-Z's old team, right?), Washington Wizards (Jordan's old team, right?) and now the Los Angeles Clippers (which used to be the laughingstock of the league, right?).

I learned today that Pierce was a Finals MVP and champion in 2008 and a ten-time All-Star; that's more than Anthony, though he has played five more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment