Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Ryan Getzlaf Jersey Card

Currently second in the NHL for points and fifth in assists, and enjoying his most-productive goals season ever, off a gold medal win in Sochi with Team Canada, Ryan Getzlaf is having a hell of a season, as are his Anaheim Ducks, currently second in the Western Conference standings.

Getzlaf is currently helping me end up ''in the money'' in my main hockey pool this year, for the second time in three seasons, so believe me when I say I have become a huge fan of the 19th-overall pick of the 2003 draft, a two-time golden Canadian Olympian (2010 and 2014), Stanley Cup Champion (2006-07) and two-time All-Star Game participant.

He is nearly a point-per-game player both in the regular season (604 in 627 at last count) and the playoffs (59 in 69) and is as consistent as they come, with only three of his nine seasons below his career average, two of them being his rookie year and his sophomore season.

So I am more than happy to introduce you to the second jersey card of his in my collection, from Upper Deck's 2013-14 SP Game-Used Edition (card #AF-RG of the Authentic Fabrics sub-set, with a decent-sized game-used white jersey swatch):

No comments:

Post a Comment