Sunday, April 20, 2014

P.K. Subban Autographed Card

I've been waiting to showcase this card for a while, because I'd sent P.K. Subban 3 cards and a fan letter in November 2011 with special cards, including a Score Hot Rookies card, one of him wearing the Carolina Hurricanes' uniform from an All-Star Game and maybe an AHL card; I never received anything back.

That same season, I met him before a game and he signed this card for me of him wearing the Hamilton Bulldogs' white (home) uniform, from In The Game's 2009-10 Heroes And Prospects set (card #64), signed in blue sharpie:
I hadn't posted it before because I didn't want to double-post the same player in too close a time span, but I think I can write those off at this point and concentrate on what lies ahead.

Subban won his first Norris trophy last season, and while he hasn't been as dominating this year - with Andrei Markov taking back the #1 defenseman spot - he still managed to finish second in team scoring with 53 points, despite having been benched more often than ever before in his NHL career.

He's been back to his old self in the playoffs as well, with two assists in the second game of the Montréal Canadiens' series against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

He also won his first senior-team Team Canada gold medal at the Olympics this year to go with his two World Juniors gold medals, though he didn't play much as the team's seventh defenseman.

One thing's for sure, his is one of the next two Habs jerseys I'm buying, along with Alex Galchenyuk's.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I tried getting a TTM via Montreal during his rookie season and I think at that point he has stopped signing autos through the mail. At first I thought it was just my letter but I have seen more no returns since that year.

    ReplyDelete