Monday, September 16, 2013

2012-13 Upper Deck Series 1 Blaster Box Break


I saw this at the drugstore earlier tonight and was so excited about finding hockey cards there I didn't even bother to check what year they were from... I was hoping for some of Upper Deck's 2013-14 Series 1, but instead purchased a blaster box of 2012-13 Series 1, for $24 (or $2 a pack). Oops.

The box has 10+2 bonus packs, which in normal human terms means 12. Each pack has 5 cards, for a grand total of 60. I'd rather look at it as ''$2 a pack'' than what it actually is... ''40 cents a card'', which it most certainly is not.

The cards look nice, with terrific photography, as evidenced here with a nice selection of close-up pics, alternate jerseys, action poses, while the player is always very clearly front and center:


Except for this oddly blurry Bian Gionta card:


Here's how it broke down:

Regular cards: 53

Young Guns (Rookies): 2

Checklist: 1


UD Canvas: 1


MVP (which used to be a set of its own): 2


Silver Skates (foil): 1


Montréal Canadiens (my home team): 2 (including the Gionta, plus Lars Eller)

Unless I hear from anyone interested, I'll be putting the ''hits'' on Ebay next weekend, since none of them are cards I really feel I need in my collection, except perhaps the Patrice Bergeron canvas, but someone who's actively collecting the set would definitely have better use for it than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment