Monday, July 29, 2013

Casey Wellman Autograph Card

As I pointed out for my 2013-14 Score (by Panini) box break, I got two signed cads last week as part of that set. The first one, from the first box, is this Casey Wellman card:


Though pictured with the Minnesota Wild, he is described as being a member of the Washington Capitals, but the back of his card may have some confused:


Nowhere does it mention the Wild on there, though they are the ones who signed him out of College and traded him to the New York Rangers.

As a matter of fact, he only played for the Wild for parts of three seasons spanning 2009-2012 and has belonged to to other NHL teams before the Caps, though spending his time in the AHL.

I have another Score Wellman signature card - a redemption from two years ago - which I have just realized I never posted here. I'll have to do that. Chances are that this sticker autograph (in blue sharpie) is from the same batch he signed back then and Panini just went on a recycling binge.

Still happy to have this signed insert, card #SS-CW in the set, the Signature sub-set.

No comments:

Post a Comment