Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Maxim Lapierre Swatch Card

After Steve Shutt and Brendon Nash, here is the final (uncommon) piece of my trade with Brad last week, from Panini's 2010-11 Donruss set (the Boys Of Winter sub-set, card #56):


Maxim Lapierre is one of my favourite grinders in the game. He gets under opponents' skin, wins faceoffs, is responsible defensively, and combines a child's everlasting smile with the rage of an angry pitbull. He is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

In my EA Sports NHL dynasties, I try to always trade for him to center my third (or fourth, depending on depth) line, and my Cup record speaks for itself...

I had a previous Habs jersey card from this set, of Max Pacioretty, and here's how I described the swatch:
Panini doesn't disclose whether it's from a jersey, or a sock, but specifies it's guaranteed to have been game-worn. It's red, round and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment