Saturday, December 19, 2009

Luc Richard Mbah A Moute Autograph Card


I'll be the first to admit that I'm no basketball fan - it doesn't really appeal to me, and I was never quite sure why. Yes, it was invented in Canada, it is similar to hockey in that the same players on the surface play both offense and defense and there are offsides, and the goal is to score in the net... I don't know.

But I do understand the game, and I do like the highlights they show on TV - and the dunk contests at the All Star Game. And I know who the star players are - Bryant, Allen, Anthony, Shaq, King James...

But I have no clue who Luc Richard Mbah A Moute is - I just love his name. So when I was presented with a chance to purchase this card on Ebay, I jumped on it. A quick glance at Wikipedia will tell you that he's from Cameroun, has in twin playing College ball, and that he was chosen by the Milwaukee Bucks in the second round. You'll also learn he's a prince, as he is a son of the elected village chief, Camille Mouté à Bidias.

That's right - the coolest name in sports (Ochocinco being a really close second) - and a fucking prince. He is a prince, and his name is funky.

As for the details of the card itself, it's from Upper Deck's 2009-10 SP Signature Edition series (the card is #I-LM, from the Ink Credible sub-set), and sports a beautiful signature, in blue sharpie, on a sticker that was later put on the card. It is numbered 218/499.

No comments:

Post a Comment